Welcome to Al Manar International School’s PTA
We encourage all parents to become active in the PTA as it is a very important connection between home and school. Below we have provided a little sample of what a PTA does and does not do so that you will have an overview of the PTA. It is our hope that you consider joining the PTA to build a strong partnership with the school for the success of the students.
The PTA Does
- Support the educational programs and extracurricular activities of the school
- Encourage parents’ involvement in their individual children’s lives, education, class, and school provides
- Provide feedback and suggestions for school programs
- Coordinate programs and projects that will support or enrich the curriculum
- Encourage/fund the increased exposure of students to technology
- Provide feedback/assist with increased awareness of school safety and security issues
- Support the educational goals of the school and assist with attaining those goals through parent and community volunteerism
- Recruit volunteers and coordinate volunteer efforts to staff PTA functions and assist with school programs
- A LOT ! ! !
The PTA Doesn’t Not:
- Run the school
- Force parents to participate in PTA and/or school activities
- Set policy regarding school programs
- Define the school’s curriculum
- Dictate the technology platforms and/or software used by the school
- Define or interfere with the school’s security program and policies
- Set the educational goals, testing requirements, or compliance factors
- Have jurisdiction or authority over school staff, teachers, and other employees
- DO EVERY THING !!!